Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky Star - St. Patty's Day Treat


Do you make any special treats to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Well, it has sort of become a tradition at my house (you can view last year's St. Patty's Day cookies HERE). This year I decided to make green Rice Krispie treats. I originally got this idea from Mique over at Thirty Handmade Days and her super fun Rainbow Treats. This was so much fun to make with my 2 year old daughter, even though she'd rather eat it than make it. :0)

Ingredients:
  • 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
  • 1 package of marshmallows
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • green food coloring
  • cooking spray
First, melt butter in sauce pan. Then add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add food coloring. Pour cereal into a large bowl and stir in melted marshmallows. Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and pour in mixture. Using your hands, firmly pat down mixture into pan until even distributed. Let cool and enjoy!


Since I don't have a shamrock cookie cutter, I decided to use one of my Christmas cookie cutters (since that's all I have!). After I found the star, I immediately thought "lucky star". Okay, I know it's a bit of a stretch for St. Patty's Day, but I had to get a little creative.


YOU are my lucky star! :0) Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!


[Jen]

1 comment:

  1. somehow all this green stuff is making me think of molds...
    But then again, in the Netherlands we do everything orange...

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?