Saturday, January 22, 2011

[Scrapperday: Summer Pages]


Happy Scrapperday! Well, I am sure most of us are thinking about Valentine's Day, the cold weather, or even recuperating from the holidays, but I decided to focus on summer. Last summer, to be exact. I had a few good pictures of my daughter from this past summer, so I just had to scrapbook them! 

Here are a couple of pages I'd like to share with you:

[This was just a simple yet fun page to create. I am attempting to get out of a funk of using the same layouts over & over again, so I tried the "less is more" strategy. And, I gotta say, I am really liking it! There's a lot of empty space (which is not typical of me since I usually try to use up every inch of a 12 x 12 page), but it really draws your attention to the photos. Which is really the point of scrapbooking, right?]

[Yes, my daughter is quite the super model. Always posing for the camera! A couple of material used: the glittery chipboard letters are Thickers from American Crafts. And the little flowers you saw in the first photo are Vintage Daisies from Jolee's boutique Parcel dimensional stickers.]

[Another super simple, easy page to do. Totally captures summer since all we did was swim. I decided to hand-write the journal on velum to still capture the "airy" background, and then adhered it to the page with a brad.]

[I love pennants! And these were extremely easy to make! Just cut out little triangles out of different patterned paper and adhere them onto the page with dimensional adhesive. Easy peasy! I also drew some dashed lines with a white gel pen around a few clouds to add some interest.]

Linking these pages to these fabulous parties! :0)

[Jen]

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these cuties with us. I’m having a GIVEAWAY this week at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY…would love for you to come by to enter the giveaway and also link up to my PARTY…hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pennants! And love how you added the stitching around some of the clouds. So whimsical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great (saw them on remodelaholic) - i don't scrapbook anymore because of time...but these make me want to start again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so pretty!! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    oh & p.s I have a giveaway going on right now for an inspirational dog print :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?